Experienced Trial Attorney for Truck and Bus Accidents
Truck and bus accidents are different from “regular” car accidents. The injuries and damages are often much more severe. Truck and bus accidents may involve multiple liable parties, and the regulatory framework is significantly more complicated.
You need an experienced trial attorney to help you navigate this complex system and maximize your chances of recovery. If you were injured in a truck or bus accident, call Scherr Law at 1-855-SUE-FEDX to schedule a free consultation with an experienced truck and bus accident attorney who knows the local and federal laws that may apply to the claim and how to present your case at trial, if necessary.
How Are Truck and Bus Accidents Different from Car Accidents?
While all road accidents can be devastating and cause catastrophic injuries, there are big differences between accidents with standard passenger vehicles and those involving trucks or buses.
Due to the sheer size of these vehicles, catastrophic injuries and death claims are more likely. Additionally, there is a complex web of state and federal laws that regulate these vehicles. Oftentimes there are also multiple insurance policies and more than one liable party, such as the truck driver, the trucking company, the shipper, the truck broker, defective parts, suppliers, or the mechanic who serviced the vehicle, and more.
All of this makes truck and bus accidents much more complex to investigate and litigate than regular car crashes. Scherr Law has the experience, education, and resources to guide you.
Common Causes of Truck and Bus Accidents
Truck and bus companies and their drivers sometimes violate the law and fail to comply with mandatory safety requirements and other regulations. This can lead to accidents. Common causes of truck and bus crashes include:
- Driver fatigue
- Unqualified drivers
- Negligent operation
- failing to keep a safe lookout
- Aggressive or illegal driving
- Lack of sufficient training
- Improper maintenance
- Faulty parts or other equipment
- Driving during inclement weather or under dangerous road conditions
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Failing to perform proper inspections
Why hire an Experienced Trial Attorney for Truck and Bus Accidents?
Trucking and bus companies and their insurance carriers don’t waste time after learning one of their vehicles has been involved in an accident. They spring into action immediately and start building a defense case by:
- Hiring defense lawyers
- Sending claims investigators to the accident scene
- Seeking evidence showing their driver was not at fault
- Destroying potentially incriminating evidence such as cell phone/black box data
- Contacting you and your family to convince you that you don’t need a lawyer
- Pressuring you into accepting an early (and often inadequate) settlement offer
When you hire your own experienced trial attorney for truck and bus accidents, you have your own advocate who will level the playing field and drastically increase your chances of successful recovery. An experienced trial attorney can provide invaluable support by:
- Preparing and filing a lawsuit to bring your case to trial
- Ensuring that you timely preserve evidence, investigate and take depositions of witnesses, and file what needs to be filed before any statute of limitations runs out
- Investigating the accident and collecting crucial evidence before it is lost or destroyed
- Researching the law and the facts for your case.
- Hiring experts and securing reports from medical experts, accident reconstruction experts, and other experts
- Preserving and securing black box data and cell phones and data
- Communicating with the trucking or bus company, the insurance carrier, and their attorneys
- Negotiating a reasonable settlement for the damages you suffered and if necessary, trying your case before a jury.
Are You Looking for an Experienced Trial Attorney for Truck and Bus Accidents? Call Scherr Law Today
At Scherr Law, we help people injured on the road seek compensation from big trucking and bus companies. We can review your case and represent your interests to recover for the damages you have suffered. Contact us to recommend the next steps. If you decide to proceed with your claim, we can support you at every turn. If you were a victim of a truck or bus accident, call 1-855-SUE-FEDX to schedule your free consultation with an experienced trial attorney for truck and bus accidents.