Experienced Trial Attorney for Industrial Accidents
Industrial accidents are common in factories and other industrial or production facilities.
According to the National Safety Council, the manufacturing and production sector had the third-highest number of workplace injuries resulting in days away from work in 2019. Common industrial site accidents include:
- Workplace violence
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Heavy machinery injuries
- Equipment malfunction
- Contact with objects and equipment
- Fires, explosions, and electrocutions
- Exposure to toxic or hazardous substances
If you were injured in an industrial accident, call Scherr Law at 1-855-SUE-FEDX to schedule a free consultation with an experienced trial attorney for industrial accidents to work on your case
What Causes Industrial Accidents?
Industrial accidents are often due to negligent or reckless actions, unsafe workplace conditions, or safety violations of OSHA standards, such as:
- Defective products
- Lack of fall protection
- Improperly constructed scaffolding and ladders
- Lack of guarding on equipment and machinery
- Lack of respiratory protection
- Unsafe work premises caused by 3rd parties
- Unsafe construction work done by 3rd parties
- Flawed electrical system design
- Hazardous electrical wiring methods
- Lack of hazardous energy controls
Common Injuries in Industrial Accidents
Industrial accidents are often serious and can cause severe, life-changing injuries and even death. Common injuries in industrial accidents include:
- Crush injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Severe burns
- Degloving injuries in which skin is completely torn away
- Traumatic eye and ear injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Loss of limbs
What Compensation Can You Seek After an Industrial Accident?
As an injured worker, you can typically pursue a workers’ compensation insurance claim, which our firm does not handle.
However, there may be a 3rd party who is responsible for causing your injuries, or your employer may have no worker’s compensation insurance. An experienced trial attorney for industrial accidents can review your case, explain your legal options, and advise what type of compensation may be available to you.
There is no fee for an initial consultation at Scherr Law.
Should You File a Wrongful Death or Personal Injury Lawsuit against a 3rd party?
Depending on the circumstances of the accident and your injuries, you may be able to file a wrongful death or personal injury claim against a 3rd party. While workers’ compensation bars you from suing your employer, you can still pursue a claim against third parties, such as subcontractors, property owners, and equipment manufacturers, if their negligence caused or contributed to your injury.
The types of compensation (“damages”) available in personal injury lawsuits are significantly broader than workers’ compensation benefits and include:
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Past and future impairment or loss of quality of life
- Past and future disfigurement
- Past and future mental anguish
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost income
Were You Injured at Work? Call an Experienced Trial Attorney for Industrial Accidents
Industrial accidents can turn your whole life upside down in an instant. At Scherr Law, we can’t make your pain go away, but we can help you seek compensation for your damages.
Call us at 1-855-SUE-FEDX to schedule your free consultation with an experienced trial attorney for industrial accident attorneys and learn about your legal options.