Experienced Fire and Explosion Accident Attorney
Injuries from fires, explosions, electrocution, and other thermal accidents can cause serious complex damage, long-term disabilities, and even death. These are often some of the hardest injuries to rehabilitate.
At Scherr Law, an experienced trial attorney for Fires and Explosions can help you recover compensation for your injuries or the loss of a loved one from a fire or explosion. Call 1-855-SUE-FEDX to schedule your free consultation with a fire and explosion attorney.
Common Causes of Fire and Explosion Injuries
Fire, explosion, and electrocution injuries can arise in a variety of accidents in residential buildings, workplaces, commercial properties, and public settings, including:
- Defective products
- Fuel-fed fires when fuel catches fire
- Exposure to flames, steam, hot liquids, or hot metals
- Truck accidents
- Car and Motorcycle accidents
- Plane and helicopter crashes
- Propane and natural gas explosions
- Electrical fires
You might be able to pursue compensation if the fire or explosion was due to another’s negligence, such as:
- Gaps in insulation
- Incorrectly installed parts
- Worn or loose connections
- Poor maintenance or installation
- Failure to follow industry safety standards
Types of Fire and Explosion Injuries
Fire and explosion injuries are often catastrophic. Your medical care needs may range from requiring immediate and short-term treatment to long-term and even lifetime care. Common injuries we see in our practice include:
- Severe burns
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Chronic pain
- Smoke inhalation
- Lung damage
- Broken bones and fractures
- Loss of limbs
- Vision loss
- Hearing loss
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neurological damage
- Memory difficulties
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
What Compensation is Available for Fire and Explosion Cases?
Depending on the nature and extent of your injuries, you may be able to recover the following damages from the responsible party:
- Pain and suffering, past and future
- Impairment or quality of life, past and future
- Disfigurement, past and future
- Emotional trauma and mental anguish, past and future
- Past and future medical
- Past and future loss of earning capacity
If you lost a family member in a fire or explosion, you may be eligible for compensation for wrongful death. Possible damages include:
- Final and burial expenses
- Medical bills
- Your loved one’s conscious pain and suffering prior to passing
- The loss of your loved one’s love, care, companionship, guidance, and services to you
- Your grief, sorrow, and emotional damages from the wrongful death
Understanding the full scope of your damages is critical to evaluating your claim correctly and pursuing compensation for the damage you are entitled to recover. An experienced fire and explosion attorney at Scherr Law can review your case and help you recover from your loss.
Why You Should Hire an Experienced Trial Attorney for Fire and Explosion Attorney?
Immediately after an incident, responsible parties and their insurers work quickly to evaluate their liability and defend against any claim that may occur. You should immediately hire an experienced trial attorney for fire and explosion accidents to represent you. “Cause and Origin” experts are needed immediately to determine what caused the fire and explosion and identify who has fault. Experts for products may be needed immediately, as well as medical experts. Fire and explosion injury cases are complicated. They often involve complex, life-changing injuries and far-reaching financial losses. Liability can be complicated and spread between multiple responsible parties. Lawsuits are complex, time-consuming, and difficult
Scherr Law is experienced in lawsuits involving fire and explosion. Scherr Law can take care of the legal work while you focus on your recovery.
Contact an Experienced Fire and Explosion Trial Attorney Today
Whether you are a burn injury victim or have lost a loved one in a fire or explosion, Scherr Law can assist you with every aspect of your personal injury or wrongful death claim. Call 1-855-SUE-FEDX to schedule your free consultation with a fire and explosion attorney.